- 1402/05/08 A Memorandum of Understanding between GUMS and Astrakhan University of Medical Sciences
- 1402/05/02 Astrakhan State Medical University to Host International Scientific and Practical Conference on Infections of the New Time
- 1402/04/27 The Caspian Association, An Opportunity to Strengthen Educational and Medical Diplomacy
- 1402/02/08 Chancellor of GUMS Congratulates the World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- 1402/02/02 World Health Organization Congratulates Iran for The Elimination of Measles and Rubella Diseases
- 1401/12/16 International Student Wins a Silver Medal in Physical Readiness
- 1401/10/21 The Chancellor of Guilan University of Medical Sciences is appointed
- 1401/10/17 The 7th International Students Admission Committee
- 1401/09/23 GUMS 2nd nursing PhD student graduates
- 1401/09/22 Dr. Farahnaz Joukar in world's top most cited scientists
Radiology Technology in the area of medical diagnosis has always had special status and is directly related to the well-being of people. With regard to the type of activities performed in this field of study, it is necessary for a radiology technician to have qualities which are in sync with the religious, social and cultural standards of the society in which he /she practicing. The main objective of the program is to train highly knowledgeable radiology technicians, improve the technicians’ performance in medical imaging and enable them to use new high-tech equipment.
Radiology Technology (B.Sc.) course topics:
Laboratory Sciences is a branch of medical sciences which involves the analysis of blood, liquids and the tissues of human body in order to diagnose disease, administer treatment, and maintain people’s health. The core philosophy behind offering the program has been to train expert human forces in Laboratory Sciences based on defined and determined professional duties. Fundamental principles of education including personality growth, enhancement of thinking ability and professional qualities, and development of lifelong learning skills in the graduates to offer appropriate laboratory services are incorporated in the program.
The first group of candidates were admitted to Langeroud School of Paramedical Sciences at associates degree level in Laboratory Sciences in the year 2009. The program at the associates degree level was removed in 2011 and replaced with a bachelor’s level program. Since then, the school has been accepting students in Laboratory Sciences at the bachelor’s level
Anesthesiology is one of the programs offered by Langeroud School of Paramedical Sciences at bachelor’s level. Students majoring in Anesthesiology are introduced to modern principles and different methods of Anesthesia and relevant equipment and drugs. They are also trained in taking care of patients who are under general, regional, and local anesthesia in preoperative, intraoperative and post-operative phases of different types of surgery. The students are also educated in medical methods and principles to control chronic pain and act appropriately in emergency and critical situations. The graduates in Anesthesiology can act as an assistant to an anesthesiologist or work under the direct supervision of an anesthesiologist in medical and educational centers.
Given the governing values in the society, conduct and belief are viewed as the indispensable parts of training and education in this program. Accordingly, students and graduates greatly value upholding patients’ rights irrespective of their age, gender, color, race, culture, and religion and attach significance to physical, moral, and social health of patients.
Operating Room Technology program at bachelor’s level is a branch of medical sciences in which students are introduced to the basics of operating room and the processes of different types of operations. Graduates in Operating Room Technology, within the framework of a caring medical team, are entrusted with the task of taking care of patients in preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative phases under the supervision of head surgeons. Graduates in Operating Room Technology can find a job in the operating theaters of private and state hospitals as well as in the operating rooms of emergency centers.
Operating Room Technology (B.Sc.) course topics: