- 1401/02/27 Vice Chancellors and Heads of International Departments of Iranian Medical Universities Meet to Discuss Medical Universities' Internationalization Objectives
- 1401/02/25 The Meeting of Deputy and International Managers
- 1401/02/25 The development of international relations has a great impact on the acquisition of scientific authority
- 1401/02/06 World Immunization Week
- 1401/01/20 International conference in the context of “Multicultural values and development problems of tourism in Caspian littoral states” in Azerbaijan State Tourism and Management University
- 1400/12/22 The success of Guilan University of Medical Sciences in the 27th Razi National Festival of Research and Technology of Medical Sciences
- 1400/12/18 Iran-Syria Friendship Association meeting with the officials of Guilan University of Medical Sciences regarding the international affairs of the university
- 1400/12/16 The Director of International Affairs and the Head of the Vice Chancellor for Education of Guilan University of Medical Sciences participated in the first international accreditation workshop of the country's medical universities
- 1400/11/25 Guilan Shines in the 27th Medical Science Research and Technology Festival in the country
- 1400/11/24 The fourth meeting of the International Student Admission Committee
Guilan University of Medical Sciences (GUMS) was established in 1984 and fell under Iran’s Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education in the same year as a state-run university. The university has its headquarters in the city of Rasht, the provincial capital of Guilan province, which lies along the Caspian Sea and borders Russia across the world’s largest lake and the Republic of Azerbaijan in the north. The university has eight schools covering clinical and basic sciences. School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, Nursing and Midwifery School of Shahid Beheshti, School of Health, and School of Dentistry are all located in the city of Rasht. School of Allied Medical Sciences and Nursing and Midwifery School of Langeroud are both located in the university’s Eastern Guilan Educational Complex in the city of Langeroud. The university also has an international college in the port city of Bandar-e- Anzali, one of the most important seaports in the north of Iran.
The university offers comprehensive programs on clinical sciences covering M.D., Residency (Specialty and Subspecialty) and Fellowship. It also has numerous programs at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in basic sciences. The university has under its immediate supervision more than twenty specialized research centers such as Road Trauma, Neuroscience, Medical Biotechnology, Medical Education, and Interventional Cardiovascular. The university has over 420 faculty members and trains more than 5000 students in different medical fields. The affiliated hospitals of the university in Rasht are Poursina, Heshmat, Razi, Amir al-Momenin, Al-Zahra, and Velayat. The institution has many other affiliated hospitals in other cities of the province.