- 1401/03/03 Attendance of Guilan University of Medical Sciences in the Second International Scientific Forum, Caspian Region 2022: Sustainable Development Trajectories
- 1401/02/27 Vice Chancellors and Heads of International Departments of Iranian Medical Universities Meet to Discuss Medical Universities' Internationalization Objectives
- 1401/02/25 The Meeting of Deputy and International Managers
- 1401/02/25 The development of international relations has a great impact on the acquisition of scientific authority
- 1401/02/06 World Immunization Week
- 1401/01/20 International conference in the context of “Multicultural values and development problems of tourism in Caspian littoral states” in Azerbaijan State Tourism and Management University
- 1400/12/22 The success of Guilan University of Medical Sciences in the 27th Razi National Festival of Research and Technology of Medical Sciences
- 1400/12/18 Iran-Syria Friendship Association meeting with the officials of Guilan University of Medical Sciences regarding the international affairs of the university
- 1400/12/16 The Director of International Affairs and the Head of the Vice Chancellor for Education of Guilan University of Medical Sciences participated in the first international accreditation workshop of the country's medical universities
- 1400/11/25 Guilan Shines in the 27th Medical Science Research and Technology Festival in the country
Persian is an important language of the Middle East and Central Asia, it is also called Farsi, Parsi, Dari, Dari-Persian, and Tajiki. It is an ancient language that is spoken in many countries today. Farsi shares much of its vocabularies with Arabic, and written Farsi is a semi-cursive variant of Arabic script. Over 130 million people speak Persian. The majority of them live in Iran, with 83 million inhabitants.
Persian is a language almost as beautiful as its region of origin. Unique, poetic and influential, Persian opens the door to one of the most distinctive Middle Eastern cultures. Studying Persian provides an entry into a rich and diverse culture. Major epic and Sufi poets—such as Ferdowsi, Rumi, and Hafez—have served as inspiration to writers and creators across the globe for centuries, and contemporary Persian-language literature continues to find international audiences. In addition to literature, Iran produces world-class films which have been recognized by a wide variety of international film festivals and honored with awards including the Oscar, César, Bodil, and David di Donatello, to name a few. Persian culture is also known for its exquisite miniature painting, intricate mosaics and tile work, and finely woven rugs and carpets—each a feast of color and pattern for the eyes. Individuals with Persian language skill are in a position to be on the front lines of engaging and doing business with Iran and its countrymen.
SAMFA is held to measure the language proficiency of non-Iranian applicants who want to study or work in Iran or other Persian speaking countries (where Persian is used as a language of education or communication). Similar to IELTS (English), DILF/DELF/DALF (French), and ZD (German) tests, SAMFA Test is held as two types of ‘General’ and ‘Academic’ that regardless of the source and learning approach of applicants, measures their Persian language speaking, listening, reading and writing proficiency.
Moreover, SAMFA academic test is taken as four categories, of ‘Basic Science and Engineering’, ‘Human Sciences’, ‘Medical Sciences’ and ‘Social Sciences’, where non-Iranian applicants take the exam according to their fields of study. According to regulations of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT), passing this exam is compulsory for all non-Iranians who want to study at Iranian universities, and so, from September 2018, passing the SAMFA test is one of the main conditions of their admission to universities. Moreover, the applicants who intend to reside, work, undertake business, and establish local and international firms in Iran, will also need to pass this test.
It is worth noting that SAMFA has the overall score of 240 (each skill has 60); where each of listening and reading skills has 30 questions, and writing examination has 2 main topics (180 minutes). Moreover, the applicants are required to attend speaking skill (15 minutes), where meeting the minimum of 50% is the required band score of attending Iranian universities. Based on the course of study, universities are also allowed to alter this band score. SAMFA test is held at least twice a year.